Nick joins Roberts & Roberts with a diverse professional and educational background. Nick always had an interest in public service and worked at the city, state, and federal levels of government prior to becoming a lawyer. After graduate school, he joined the Texas Senate Committee on International Relations & Trade chaired by State Senator Eddie Lucio, Jr. as a Senior Policy Analyst/Committee Clerk. With several years’ experience in the political environment and the policy-making process, Nick attended law school. During law school, Nick clerked in a variety of legal areas including: criminal defense, the Office of Speaker Joe Straus at the Texas House of Representatives, and the Office of General Counsel at the Texas Health & Human Services Commission.
Nick received both his Bachelor’s in Political Science/Spanish (B.A.) along with a Master’s in Public Administration (M.P.A.) from Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches. He went on to receive his Doctorate of Jurisprudence (J.D.) from The University of Texas School of Law in Austin, where he was inducted into its prestigious Order of the Barristers and was recognized with a Pro Bono Service Award in 2012. Nick is licensed to practice law in Texas and has been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Texas.
Honors, Awards, & Activites
- Tyler Half Cent Sales Tax Board, Appointed 2017
- Tyler Junior College – Distinguished Lecture Series, Inaugural Speaker 2017
- Latino Center for Leadership Development – Leadership Academy, Fellow 2017
- PATH – Board of Directors, Vice President 2017
- Hispanic Professionals Association of Tyler
- Smith County Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Tyler ISD Mock Trial Coach
- Niños de Promesa, Board Member
- Hispanic Business Alliance, Board Member 2016-2017
- Texas Exes – Tyler Smith County Chapter Scholarship Committee
- CASA of East Texas – Board Member, 2013
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Order of Barristers, 2012
- Pro Bono Service Award, 2012
- Strasburger & Price Senior Honors Mock Trial Competition – Champion, 2012
- Haynes Boone Intermediate Mock Trial Tournament – Champion, 2010 & Best Advocate Award
- U.S. – Mexico Student Bar Exchange Program at La Universidad de Guanajuato, 2010
Personal Background and Interests
Nick was born on January 21, 1982, in Dallas, Texas and graduated from Royse City High School in Royse City, Texas. He is very close to his family, especially his younger brother. Nick is fluent in Spanish and is committed to serving his community. He has participated in approximately 40 speaking engagements. From lectures, panels and presentations to keynote speeches, Nick has addressed topics such as legal rights, civic engagement, diversity, and the importance of education. Nick served in a leadership capacity for his fraternity for over 10 years, including its National Alumni Association and its Board of Directors. Nick is an avid football fan and in his free time, he likes to be active through activities such as weight-lifting and enjoying the outdoors.